- October 17, 2019 /
- Posted by inspiral
There has recently been an increase in the number of people installing laminate floors as they are quite versatile. Being durable and easy to maintain, they are also a good investment. Just approach the right company offering laminate flooring installation services and you can reap all the benefits offered by them. The experts might even share with you a few easy maintenance tips to keep their shine intact for years. Wrong cleaning products will not only make it hard for you to remove the dust and residue but also make them dull. This is why using the right cleaner is more important than you think.
Want Shiny Laminate Flooring In Reigate? 2 Steps To Follow
Clean The Floor
- Use a microfiber mop to remove dirt and dust or you can vacuum the floor. Just don’t use hard floor attachment with the vacuum if you don’t want to scratch the laminate.
- The haze formed on laminate floors can be easily avoided by using the right cleaner. Look for one which has been specially formulated for these types of floor or make a cleaner at home.
- Apply a thin layer of cleaner on the floor. Put them in small sections instead of the entire room so that you don’t have to walk on the wet floor.
- Wipe the area using a clean and flat-head microfiber mop following the direction of the grain.
- Keep spraying the cleaner in small sections and mop the floor until the entire room is clean.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to buff the floor. The easiest way to look for dull spots is by viewing the floor in the light.
Keep It Shiny
- Not only do dust and dirt make laminate floors dirty but can even lead to scratches. Laminate flooring in Reigate should always be installed by experienced professionals and cleaned at least once a week.
- The floors should be mopped after vacuuming. Spray cleaners directly onto the floor and use a microfiber to wipe it.
- Buy floor mats which are specially designed to attract moisture, mud, dirt and dust and put them at entrances. The floors will be cleaner and you don’t have to vacuum and mop them frequently.
- Clean the spills immediately. If it is a food spill, use a towel or spoon to pick the solid waste immediately. As far as liquid spills are concerned, wipe them using a dry towel or cloth.
Few Tips To Keep Laminate Flooring In Reigate Shiny
- Waxing or polishing can damage the floor shine so avoid these substances.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaning pads as they can scratch the floor easily. Use a soft and lint-free cloth to clean the floors.
- Avoid wet cleaning methods as the liquid can warp the laminate and damage the floors.
These being said, it’s time you install new laminate floors and keep their shine intact for years to come.