- March 10, 2022 /
- Posted by inspiral
Wooden floors add an elegant charm to the house. Since the floor is the starting area to create a lasting impression, you should protect the wooden flooring in Reigate. Several internal and outdoor factors contribute to its damage over time. Thus, maintaining its sheen is a matter of minimal upkeep.
In this blog, we will discuss a few effective steps to keep the wooden floors intact and look new.
Tips to Maintain Wooden Floors
Experts suggest you use humidifiers to keep the wood in good condition. Wood tends to shrink during the summer seasons and expand during winters. Using the humidifiers regulate inside temperature and protects the wood. It also helps minimise gaps in between plates.
You are advised not to use liquid cleaners. Besides, using a wet mop for the wooden floor is a complete no-no.
You can buy special cleaners for the wood floors. If it is a liquid agent, apply it using a microfibre cloth for convenience.
Prevent Dirt and Damages
Vacuuming the floor on a routine basis is suggested to keep them dry, dust-free, and clean. You can do it once every week to avoid potential damages caused by dirt accumulation.
You can place glue mats under the furniture leg to prevent scratches. Doormats are also recommended to be put near the entrance. This way, you prevent outside dirt from dirtying your floor.
Clean the Spills
Experts advise you to use a dry or slightly damp cloth to remove spills. This is a necessary step to keep the wooden floors neat. Wood tends to shrink and warp due to excess moisture. This is why you should keep the humidity levels inside the house under control. Do not move around the house wearing wet shoes. Clean all spills immediately.
Long Term Maintenance
Polishing the wooden floors is suggested for long term continuous maintenance. It renews the shine of the wooden floor and makes it appear brand new.
Here are a few other instructions that you should take into consideration.
- If you have pets at home, be cautious. Trim their nails to avoid scratches on the floor.
- Avoid wooden exposure by using beautiful rugs and carpets.
- You should wipe all stains immediately with a soft and slightly dampened cloth.
- You should never drag things on the wood floor. This is important to prevent scratches. You should always pick things and place them in their respective places.
- Do not scratch the floor with sticky gum.
- Do not beat the vacuum bar on the floor, or else it will damage the wood.
- Never clean the wood directly with water. Just use a damp cloth to wipe.
At Inspiral Flooring, we specialise in domestic and commercial flooring services. Get high-quality wooden flooring from us at affordable prices.